Updated: May 25, 2018
Thanks for visiting Iona Moon. Iona Moon (“we”, “us” or “our”) respects your privacy. This page describes what personal information we collect, what we do with it and your choices and rights.
1. Definition of Terms
“Users”, “you”, or “your” refers to anyone who visits our site. This includes customers, competitors and people who use the site solely as a source of information.
3. Personal information we collect
- We collect various personal information regarding you or your device. This includes the following:
- Information you provide to purchase a product or request information, specifically email address, first name and last name, company name, address, website and phone number. If you make a purchase, we receive a portion of your payment information from our payment processor (such as the last four digits, the country of issuance and the expiration date of the payment card.)
- Your marketing preferences.
- The emails or other communications you send such as customer support inquiries.
- Information you share with us in connection with surveys or inquiries
- Information we get from our partners to support our marketing initiatives, improve our site and better monitor, manage and measure ad campaigns.
- Other information you provide to us directly or indirectly.
4. How we collect personal information
We collect information about you in three ways:
- You provide some directly by buying something from us or submitting an inquiry through our site.
- We record some automatically when you use our site (with technologies like cookies).
- We receive some from third parties (like when you make a purchase using our payment processor).
a. Personal information you provide
When you use our site, we collect information from you. For instance, we ask for billing and contact information when you make a purchase. We also maintain your marketing preferences and the emails or inquiries you submit to us.
b. Personal information obtained from your use of our site
When you use our site, we collect information about your activity on and interaction with the site, such as your IP address(es), your device and browser type, the web page you visited before coming to our sites, what pages on our sites you visit and for how long and the type of device you used to access our site.
c. Personal information obtained from other sources
If you make a purchase through our site, we obtain limited information about your payment method from our payment processor, such as the last four digits, the country of issuance and the expiration date.
5. How we use your personal information
We use the personal information we obtain to:
- Create and manage your customer account, provide and personalize our product and services, process payments and respond to inquiries.
- Communicate with you, including by sending you emails about your transactions and transition-related information.
- Promote our products and service and send tailored marketing communications and measure the success of those campaigns. For example, we may send different marketing communications to you based on your purchase or interests based on other information we have about you.
- Analyze and evaluate how the site is accessed and used to improve our products, services and marketing (including the development of new products and services and tailoring our communications) and monitor and measure the effectiveness of our advertising. We do this based on anonymous, aggregated data—not personally-identifiable information.
- Ensure the security and integrity of the site and your data.
- Enforce our Terms of Service and other legal terms and policies.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, such as tax and other government regulations and industry standards, contracts and law enforcement requests.
We use your personal information for the above purposes when:
- You have consented to the use of your information in a such a way. You may revoke this consent at any time.
- We need it to provide you with products and services requested by you, or to respond to your inquiries. In other words, so we can deliver these to you.
- We have a legal obligation to use your personal information, such as to comply with applicable tax and other government regulations or to comply with a court order or binding law enforcement request.
6. How we share your personal information
We share personal information with:
- Our affiliates when it is reasonably necessary or desirable, such as to help provide services to you or analyze and improve the services we or they provide.
- Service providers. We may share personal information with service providers that perform services on our behalf. Occasionally, we use third parties to help us provide customer support, manage our advertisements on other sites, send marketing and other communications on our behalf or assist with data storage.
- Payment processors. We transmit your personal information via an encrypted connection to our payment processor.
- Law enforcement entities. We disclose your personal information if we determine that such disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, protect our or others’ rights, property or interests (such as enforcing these Terms of Service) and to prevent fraud or abuse of our site or other users. We may disclose your personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, such as to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- Assignees. In the event of a reorganization, merger, acquisition or sale of some or all our assets your personal information may be transferred as part of that transaction.
7. Your rights and choices
Where the law requires, and subject to any relevant exceptions under the law, you may have the right to access, update, change or delete personal information. You can access, update, change or delete personal information by contacting us at lee.tos@ionamoon to request the changes. You can exercise other rights (including deleting your data) by contacting us at the same email address.
You can also elect not to receive marketing communications by following the unsubscribe instruction in such communications.
Please note, there may be a delay in deleting your personal Information from our systems after you make such a request. We also will retain personal Information to comply with the law, protect our and others’ rights, and resolve disputes or enforce our legal terms or policies to the extent permitted under applicable law.
You may have the right to object to the processing of your personal information or to exercise a right to data portability under applicable law. You also may have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority, subject to applicable law. Additionally, if we rely on consent for the processing of your personal information, you have the right to withdraw it at any time and free of charge. When you do so, this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent withdrawal.
8. How we protect your personal information
While no service is completely secure, we maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse and any other unlawful form of processing of, the personal information in our possession. We employ security measures such as using firewalls to protect against intruders, building redundancies throughout our network and regular testing for and hardening of network vulnerabilities.
9. How we retain your personal information
We collect and maintain aggregated, anonymized or de-personalized information which we may retain indefinitely.
10. Data transfers
Personal information that you submit through the site will not be shared outside the United States.
We do not retain inquiries, accept purchases or provide services outside the United States. As such, all data obtained that originates from other than the United States will be deleted from our servers as soon as it is identified. Purchases made from outside the United States will be refunded.
We are not subject to the European General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) in accordance with Chapter V of the GDPR.
14. Who is Iona Moon?
When we say, “Iona Moon” (or “we”, “us” or “our”), we mean, Iona Moon, LtD
Definition: Cookies are small pieces of text sent to your browser when you visit a site. They serve a variety of functions, like enabling us to remember certain information you provide to us as you navigate between pages on the site.
- Opting Out. You can set your browser to not accept cookies, but this may limit your ability to use the site. We currently don’t respond to DNT:1 signals from browsers visiting our site. You can also opt out of receiving interest-based ads from certain ad networks here.
- Device Identifiers. We use device identifiers on our site and mobile applications to track, analyze and improve the performance of the site and our ads.
- Third Party Tags. We use and manage third party tags on the site and mobile applications. Third party tags may be in the form of pixels or tracking snippets. We use pixels to learn how you interact with our site pages and emails. This information helps us provide you with a more tailored experience. We use tracking snippets to capture data from your browser or your device to store data.
15. How to contact us
22259 Orchard Court
Leonardtown, MD 29650